A quick breakdown of those 952 violations shows that:
- 277 (29%) involve improper erosion ans sediment plans
- 268 (20%) involve improper construction of wastewater impoundments
- 154 (16%) involve discharge of industrial waste
- 100 (11%) involve violations of PA's Clean Stream Law
- 16 (2%) involve improper blowout prevention
- 10 (1%) involve improper well-casing construction
Many of the companies had, on average, more than one violation per well drilled. JW Operating led the list with 11 violations for one well. Chief Oil and Gas had an average of 2 violations per well and Chesapeake came in at the bottom with 0.8 violations/well drilled.
Read the entire report here.